Today marks
two weeks that I’ve been out on maternity leave. Life is busier than I would
have ever imagined it to be. It doesn’t feel like a vacation but the thought
that I don’t have to make the commute to LA makes me content, although, I have
to admit, I do miss the people I work with. I'm playing the role as a stay at home mom and it's one heck of a tough job. It's a day full of errands, cleaning, picking up, playing, and feeding our boys. But, I love every minute of it.
My poor
little Evan caught the fever tonight and of course; I probably won’t be getting
much of a shuteye. I put together a quick flip movie video of our day but it
doesn’t account for what occurred to its entirety. Today, I did less yelling and took a step back to value the key to making our family a success with our
family rituals. I always try to keep the same routine with our boys and I
learned as a mom that having three kids, they still require individual
attention. I’ve learned that one-on-one bonding time doing what my boys want
puts a meaning into our family structure. By doing so, it would help build
trust and really shows that I do care for each of them. I try my best to attend
to their needs because I know that the more I do things like this, the easier
it will become.
Today's one-on-one all by choice before bedtime except for Evan since he's still a little baby:
Evan - Gymboree Music & Play
Aiden - Math & Lego
Dylan - Learning how to write his name & playing a board game
Today's one-on-one all by choice before bedtime except for Evan since he's still a little baby:
Evan - Gymboree Music & Play
Aiden - Math & Lego
Dylan - Learning how to write his name & playing a board game
The one
thing I don’t want for my boys to grow up is to think that we never talked or
did things together. There are some
families I know out there who don’t talk much and just put each other down. It’s
not going to happen with ours. I want the cohesiveness of our family to live on even after I die.
Again, I’m
not perfect, but I do try and use the patience I have to make it work.
Love my
boys. XOXO.
No comments:
Post a Comment