Wednesday, April 17, 2013

[day 54] no way, a breeched baby.


Besides my craziness of nesting and taking everything apart at home, I feel like I’ve been making numerous visits to the doctor’s office. Yesterday during my routine checkup, my doc told me our son is breeched at 36 weeks. His head was right underneath my breast. The first thought that came to my mind was  “omg, I’m going to have a c-section”.  This is something I don’t want. She reassured me that another doc was going to spin the baby. My next thought was “omg, they’re going to stick their hands in my va-jay-jay to spin the baby”.

I went home and couldn’t sleep for the rest of the night because I was such a worrywart. I always like to enlighten myself with what the doc plans to do. After reading several sites and gaining more knowledge, the procedure that was going to be performed today is called an external cephalic version for breech position, which basically means the doc would attempt to turn our son by placing his hands on the surface of my abdomen. So that didn’t sound as bad as having their hands go into my va-jay-jay as I originally thought.

Somehow, before they could start the procedure, a fetal ultrasound was performed and his lovely head was down! I.am.forever.thankful. it was also an added bonus when we saw our son in 4d. he currently weighs 6 pounds (small in my opinion) and not as big as we originally thought. He has chubby cheeks and looks the most like Evan. We will definitely see if that proves correct when he arrives within the next few weeks! His face was completely smooched (see pic below) since he basically is running out of space to maneuver. our sonographer said for that reason it wasn't the best time to do a 4d, but i asked for it anyways .... just a curious mom, you know? 

I can’t believe I’m at the home stretch. It feels great to not only meet our new addition soon but also to get back into shape and get ready for summer! 

Love my boys. XOXO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...