I
love the fact that Saturday mornings are spent at my parent’s house. Our boys need to bond with their
grandparents, too. We’re always there for at least two hours. My dad never had
that “boy” that he wanted and I’m sure he’s trying to live it through his
grandsons. He has a helmet and scooter to ride with them every weekend if the
weather permits. I think that’s cool. I don’t understand how all my boys follow
my dad even with the small amount of time that is spent with him. I guess, he
wins their heart every time he plays with them and gives into what they want.
Besides
that, I had to stop being that “yes” mama today. I had four events that I’ve
committed to for today ONLY and surprisingly my body only allowed me to make it
to one. I couldn’t be superwoman and felt obligated to attend my friend’s
wedding dress fitting, my girlfriend’s 32nd birthday, my friend’s
son’s 2nd birthday, and my cousin’s graduation from art school! I
attended my friend’s son’s birthday party at Pretend City because it was the
one that would make my kids most content while under my care. It was the only
kid-friendly event.
So
today, I stopped and realized why I’m always busy besides having a family to
take care. It’s the fact that I hate saying no, but as life gets busier, I
think it’s going to be OK and I’ll have to stop being that “yes” woman.
Love
my boys. XOXO.
No comments:
Post a Comment