Saturday, May 4, 2013

[day 71] outer space.


Sometimes you have to make the most of it.

This was my only free weekend to meet the latest addition to the Dang’s family. Even though the visitation was being staggered amongst everyone, I had to request for this weekend. Originally, it was declined, but it worked out in the end.

I’m glad Papa’s cousin allowed us to come after all – we made the trip in the evening and since their house was only a few miles from the Griffith Observatory, we decided to make a stop there. It’s always breath-taking to be there anyways!

We haven’t been back for about a year. Aiden was more excited to be here since he just recently learned about the solar system in school. Here are some questions he asked me (NO JOKE):

“Mom, are we at the galaxy?”
“Why is Earth smaller than Jupiter?”
“How come we don’t live on Jupiter?”
"Where are the asteroids"
“Mom, do you know your planets? I do.”

He never ceases to amaze me with his questions and sometimes I don’t have answer to them. I just say I don’t know. Since I’m massive, I didn’t want to walk up the hill and we were lucky enough to find parking as we pulled up.  It was crowded with people, but that’s a given because (1) it’s free and (2) it’s a weekend. 

I loved how the observatory made me feel. Honestly, it made me feel as if I was on top of the world with my family.  It had a great panoramic view of the City of Los Angeles. I’m always enlighten every single time I go here. You get to learn so much about the history of the Universe and even though it’s not something I would normally show interest in, it was quite the learning experience.

Besides the allergic reaction my boys got (think swollen eyes) from Papa’s Cousin’s dogs, I love how our day was invested in our boys. They’re so little and there are so many investments a parent can give to their kids. I’m glad we spent an amazing evening in SPACE (according to my boys).

Love my boys. XOXO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...