Thursday, May 2, 2013

[day 69] swimming pool.


13 more days until Baby L arrives. Yes, I’m counting down!

I felt completely rejuvenated this morning.  Evan slept over 12 hours last night and didn’t get up until 9:30 a.m. It was pretty awesome! He’s getting used to our routine. He familiarized himself and now knows when I turn into his Gymboree class. This morning as soon as I turned in, he started to kick and laugh.

It was definitely a scorching day in So Cal. We wanted to go to the beach, but reverted to the pool instead since we were short on time. It’s funny how our boy’s bodies are like clocks. They start to wind down as soon as it gets to 7:30 p.m. on school days. Aiden carries around his Yoda clock to tell time EVERYWHERE. He just learned how to read time and is fascinated over it. So, he always remind us that it’s almost 8:00 p.m. and everyone needs to go to sleep, except he doesn’t know mama and papa doesn’t sleep. The house is just dark until they’re completely knocked out which is normally ten minutes when we tuck them into bed. It’s pretty simple and quick. I’m glad they’re well-trained when it comes to sleeping, otherwise, this mama would be DOG-TIRED.

We spent the evening at the swimming pool. Our boys loved it. They were beyond ecstatic. They’ll be starting their swim lessons again in a few weeks and hopefully will be great swimmers by the end of summer.

It’s good to have fun together. Papa did a good job at playing with our boys today because he has no inhibitions. I know that there are some parents out there who won’t play with their kids. My parents spent most of their time working so they never played with us. I think this is one of the most important dimensions of raising a family.

Love my boys. XOXO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...