Friday, June 7, 2013

[day 105] why crochet.

I've resorted to crochet in the car while Papa Dang drives because I could never find time to do it. It's quite simple to provide justification. I rather utilize my time for the important things in my life right now (when I'm not in the car) and that is my family. At least I can multi-task and talk to my boys, but they're usually too busy talking, singing, fighting, or teasing amongst themselves. 

I've been crocheting on and off for about a year. Yes, I've turned into that mom. I remember the first time when I started to crochet, Papa Dang was fascinated and joined me. He eventually gave up since its too time consuming. I've never looked at it as though it's wasting my time, but the accomplishment of making something that emerged from my own fingertips always made me smile and proud!. I love the risk that is involved with crocheting as well. Crochet is all about risk if you think about it. You have total control over what you're making and frankly it could possibly be a disaster in the end if you didn't make the right stitch in the right place. 

Honestly, I love how crochet relaxes me because it gets my full attention since I'm absorbed by the stitches effortlessly falling from my hook. You'll be surprise at how it soothes me from my hectic day from being a mom, wife, friend, sister (you name it). My family is very important to me and again, they're my priority right now from all my hobbies I enjoy doing. To sum it up, I wished I had more time for crocheting, but for now, I guess I'll be completing my projects slowly in the car while Papa drives our family around. 

Love my boys. XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...