"i love you to the moon and back" - i love that phrase from one of my favorite books and it basically holds true.
Today, we took our boys to Alpine
Slide Snow Play. Children between the ages of 2 to 6 ride free with a paying
adult 18 years of age or older, which was a great deal. Of course, I couldn’t
tag along since I’m pregnant (again). Evan and I watched from the sideline but
the view wasn’t so great. It was warm and kids enjoyed it now that they’re a
tidbit older.
We showed up right when the
doors open. I highly recommend getting there early to enjoy the runs without
dealing with the long lines. It started to get crowded (think Disneyland lines)
towards lunchtime and that’s when we departed back home. Our boys enjoyed their
two-hours worth of tubing.
After their nap, we took a
nice walk down to Big Bear Lake, which wasn’t too far from our cabin. Our boys
brought their scooters to ride. The weather again was perfect and suitable for
them this time. It wasn’t too cold or hot during the evening.
The challenge I faced during
this trip is that we were confined to one bedroom as a family in a house filled
with other family members. Our kids were one of the first to wake up. We had to
respect others who were sound asleep and could not leave our bedroom until the
rest woke up. Our kids were bored out of their mind, but we managed somehow to
entertain them with the iPad games and allowed Evan to basically roam freely
around the room. However, he tried to escape several times. It worked out. After all the day activities,
we were running out of things to do in the house and our kids played a lot of video
games with their cousins.
Btw, I’m not a huge fan of
kids playing video games excessively because it can negatively affect them
physically, socially, and intellectually. But, video games do help and give
kids the opportunity to build on their logic skills, which I completely understand
and for that reason, limit video game playing is acceptable in our household.
It does help them understand technology, too.
In the end, it was a nice day
spent together.
Love my boys. XOXO.
P.S. all the images you see are taken with my iPhone. it makes it easier for me to blog. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment