Wednesday, March 6, 2013

[day 12] value of money

Aiden saves his money he earns and always put his earnings into his container. Dylan saves his money he earns by hiding them all over the house then gets upset because he doesn’t remember where he places them, but the majority of the time, they’re hidden underneath his pillow or just somewhere in his toy basket. Papa finally gave him his own container yesterday to store his money after he was upset. We’ve given him his own container before. He just didn’t take it seriously until today when he realized he had zero savings unless he searched the house for his money, which he ended up doing. I told him, no money, no toy. 

Aiden came over yesterday while I was lying in bed to ask me if I could take him to the dollar tree store. He knows that he could afford the dollar store because the toys would only cost him one dollar and he wouldn’t absorb all his savings. He wanted some ball that was purchased there before. I agreed, but later retracted my thought when he misbehaved. He was disappointed.

My boys are young and to be honest, I’m often inundated with requests for things they want. I normally don’t give in unless they’ve earned it or would like to use their money to purchase it. I’m trying to teach them the value of money and it was challenging in the beginning, but they finally understand it now.

Love my boys. XOXO. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...