I returned
back to work today after spending two entire weeks off with our boys. The first
week was spent with all four, while the second was spent with two since
two-returned back to school after spring break.
Some days were exhausting, while others were just perfect in every way
possible. I wanted to spend this time to really look back and remember the day
where I stopped what I was doing (in this case work) and dedicated my time to
just focus on our boys. I WANT TO INVEST
IN MEMORIES. I personally believe this is the ultimate gift any parent can
give to their children and I feel this profound satisfaction knowing I’ve
preserve time to see who they are and allow them to help me become a better mom
(i.e. why I never ask for help besides my husband).
I’m not
perfect. And ….I’m that mom that lays in bed at night adding up all the time my
boys spend at school, home, running errands due to extracurricular activities
and the moment left becomes vitally precious. For that, I’ve given up basically
my hobbies to dedicate my life to our growing family of 7. A big family is not
meant for everyone and I constantly preached that, it’s OK, it’s setting your
priorities and figuring out what you really want in life.
It was
tough getting back into the swing of things and returning back to work, knowing
there would be numerous issues to address. I try to keep myself relax and stay
positive just like being at home and trying my ultimate best to have a relaxed
attitude about housework and finding balance with our boys. It’s the only way to enhance the quality of my life
without feeling so stressed out. Trust me, I know I can’t handle everything by
myself or commit to doing everything. I
know this would be an indication of my success if I learn to relax sometimes.
Today we
returned back to our normal routine of work, school, extracurricular
activities, dinner together, homework time, and just being home again. It was nice I didn’t yell as much today
either. They’re more behaved at home than when they’re around others i.e. my
parents. I feel like they’re hyenas waiting to destroy the world when they’re
around them. I guess, they know they
could get their ways with their grandparents.
On a different topic, Aiden told me today, he wants to help buy a bigger house for our family and he saved $66 dollars. This melted my heart!
On a different topic, Aiden told me today, he wants to help buy a bigger house for our family and he saved $66 dollars. This melted my heart!
Hope you
had a great Monday.
Love my
boys. XOXO.

No comments:
Post a Comment