Saturday, May 3, 2014

133|365: balancing family and work commitments

my husband is always busy and works about six days a week. however, he helps run his family business, which allows flexibility when it's needed especially for our family. he's very committed and i'm glad that regardless, he still share childcare responsibilities because running a business inevitably involves making sacrifices. he knows that if he doesn't spend time with us, it can create problems sooner or later. It's not easy, but if you ever stepped foot into his shoes, you would know he's the world's greatest dad. he never complains and sacrifices sleep for us.  He limits his phone usage when he's around us, too! Lets be real. So many parents are glued to their phone and I think that's horrible! I'm hardly ever on my phone when I'm around our boys, hence the slowness in my test messages response or return calls. The only time I pull out my phone is to capture a photo of them or if we're in the car, I'll check my emails or messages.

Today, he worked later than normal (noon) and I missed my friend's baby shower since he was supposed to drive us to LA. Totally understandable. I was able to tuck all four boys in for their afternoon nap and by evening, we did what our boys wanted to do and that was to head to the park. They got dirty. They played. They enjoyed themselves like all kids should. 

Here's what they did when they woke up from their 3 hour nap:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...