Aiden
started reading at the age of 4. He has this amazing memory and can retain
information quite well. HIs ability to read introduced him to a talent he has fallen in love with. He started playing piano at the age of 5 after I
contacted a piano school and convinced them to allow Aiden to play. They felt he was too young. They gave him a
one-month trial and were unsure whether he would be ready. Sure enough, they
were convinced after he was able to retain everything they’ve taught him over
the course of four weeks. Yes, it’s a dream to have one (if not all) of our boys
play an instrument. I never forced him into learning this instrument. I’m not the tiger mom.
It started one day, when Aiden arbitrary asked me if I could take him to lessons and from that day, he
has fallen in love with piano. I don’t
know if I’ve inspired him in some ways from the days he was in my womb or
listening to me play occasionally when time permits. I remember growing up and
hated practicing, but as I grew older (just like anything else), I appreciated
the gift my parents had given me. This doesn't appear to be the case with Aiden. He enjoys practicing and I know he appreciates us because he tells us we work to pay for his lessons. He also tells me all the time that he loves piano more than basketball and soccer. He has found his own
passion. Piano provides discipline and responsibility. It gives him an
appreciation for music and exposes him to a world outside his comfort zone.
I’m glad he
finds happiness playing the piano and I know this gives him a sense of joy and
confidence. Today, I couldn’t be more proud to watch his first piano recital. I
know he was nervous, but he rocked it better than I expected. I was counting in
my head to make sure his timing was accurate and it sure was! I wanted to cry
while holding lan lan in my arms. It was that moment that I looked and couldn’t
be more proud that Aiden is my son. Music connects my soul and I definitely
connected to Aiden’s piano piece.
Good job, Aiden!
Love my
boys. XOXO.
No comments:
Post a Comment