
My handsome little man... why is it so hard to take pictures of you now? you can't stand still unless you're distracted.
Where do I even begin? I am one month late and shouldn’t have any excuses, but forgive me. I was so busy working on the details of your birthday late at night when you’re sound asleep, plus I work and watch you when I get home. I wobble like a penguin and am the size of a dinosaur carrying your soon-to-be baby brother and always try to do everything, but there are times my body just can’t. Our weekends are always filled with events and I really should have made time. Sorry, baby.
Two years ago when I first met you, I fell in love. Really, I did. You looked exactly like Aiden when you were first born, but I can honestly say that you’re so much different than he is and I love you both equally.
It is you who have taught me every single day to relax and not to be afraid of your fearless way because you’re the biggest risk taker I know. I’m just being a worrywart. I am your mama. But, I do sweat at times.
It is you who will be protecting Aiden and your little brother from any harm. You are not afraid and care so much for people in your own way. No one understands you but Papa and I. You may not show that you’re affectionate, but you do so indirectly and that’s what matters. You have a heart that cares.
It is you who have taught me that love exist in so many different ways and there’s always enough of love around. You do everything for me and will struggle with Aiden to bring me whatever I ask. You’re a carbon copy of me and I didn’t realize this until a few months ago. You never liked anything and love, I mean love to drop everything you’re doing to just clean and cook. What have I done to you?
Everything you do now is always for “mom”. Every time you speak, you always have to say “mom”. I feel like we’re best friends and hopefully it stays this way forever.
I love the way you always negotiate with Papa that you want to be with me. I think he gets jealous at times, but I’m glad you picked me. They always say boys will be Mama’s boys and you definitely fit into that category.
Thank you again for teaching me the true meaning of unconditional love. This is the reason why I love having you, your brother and Papa around. I couldn’t live a day without any of you. You’ve all enriched my life.
Please know that I’ll always be here for you through your path in life. You don’t ever have to worry about getting support because I will always be there with open arms even when you’ve fallen and need to get back up. I will always be helping you along the way. Life isn’t about what you have, but who you have with you.
Please know that Papa and I threw you a wonderful party birthday to celebrate yet another year of your life because you’re so special to us. You only turn 2 once. There were nights I struggled to stay awake and was sleep deprived. I love you that much --- and should have taken better care of myself the last week prepping for your bash, but when I looked at you, I rather struggle with my inner self because I love and care for you more than words can ever express. Everything I do … I do for you.
My love, please dream big. You’ve been a true blessing.
I love you today, tomorrow and forever. Thank you for coming into my life.
XOXO, Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment