

OK, here’s more of the DIY projects we did for Dylan’s 2nd bash.
Dessert Buildings:
Materials Required: Cardboard Boxes, Spray Paint, Post-It Notes, Double-Sided Tape, Cutting Blade
I always do what I love and that’s planning our son’s birthday parties. I always tell myself that I’m going to keep it simple, but then, I get carried away because I’ve turned their birthday parties into projects that I would never be able to do or showcase without having them. I always get my inspiration from other moms on the net and then put my own flare to it because it brings out the uniqueness.
I couldn’t thank my husband enough. My original plan was to have the buildings made out of wood, but then, I didn’t think about how I would transport the buildings to Zoomars unless I rented a U-Haul truck. We decided to try out boxes even though they were not going to be sturdy to hold our desserts, but we had to figure out how to make it work, which we did in the end. It took Papa Dang about 5 hours to spray paint all the boxes since it required several coats to hide all the wordings that were on the outside. The boxes were purchased at Home Depot for less than $1.50 each and spray paint was approx. $3.75. Each box required at least 4 to 5 spray cans. Once it was completed, he added windows using yellow post-it notes.
Phonebooth:
Materials Required: Closet Box, Ruler, Cutting Blade, Poster Boards, Scissors, Spray Paint, Mailbox Letter Stickers
The phone booth was a must have. I originally sent my sisters to go hunt down refrigerator boxes for me, but mission failed. So, Papa Dang purchased a closet box for $13 dollars. The signs were made by Tank Driver Sissy and Uncle Stinky, which took hours to complete. It turned out great in the end and you can tell that it’s not difficult to make. If you have a boy, this would be a fun project to do together.
Balloon Arch:
Materials Required: Balloons, Helium Tank, Fishing Line
Thanks to my Tank Driver Sissy who used to be in ASB for her talented skills in making the balloon arch. This was a last minute vision since I knew it was going to be indoors. I needed colors to make the cake/dessert table stand out. Luckily, she made a quick stop at Party City to purchase the materials needed and called up her counter partner, Linda, to make the arch within an hour.
I’m so thankful to those who assisted, but most of all, I couldn’t have done it without Papa Dang. I see him every single day and he never complains. There’s just something amazing about looking at him every single day and knowing he loves me and accepts me for me. He always makes me feel special.
Stay tuned for Part 3.
Love my boys. XOXO.
No comments:
Post a Comment