Thursday, November 17, 2011

Batman Lovers

It was one of those crazy weekends last month (which I'm finally blogging). We had 3 events in one day. It started off with Jayden’s first birthday, then heading to meet Papa Dang at the finished line as he completed the Grand Fondo (oh, 107 miles!), and rushing home to make it to our BFF’s birthday dinner. It was one rough Saturday, but we made it somehow to all three.
Aiden and Dilly had such a great time at Jayden’s first birthday that I wanted to capture pictures to document their day since Papa Dang was in route to complete the Grand Fondo and couldn’t be there. I was only able to capture the picture on our way back to the car since I’m a dinosaur. I had to tend to both kids and didn’t want to hold such a heavy camera around my neck.  
The birthday party was well-organized and had so many activities for the kids. Of course, we couldn’t leave without getting their face painted with the “batman” logo. I swear, they’ve never watched one episode of “Batman” before, but I guess since Uncle Jack introduced them to the Batman Lego game, they’ve became a huge fan. Aiden would call Dylan “Robin” and tell everyone else, he’s “Batman”.
Anyways, I always carry my camera around with me during the weekends even though there are plenty of technical things I still need to learn. I love putting my camera in front of the moment because moments like the first image I captured are full of emotion and memory. It makes me smile every time I look at this image and look at the bond shared between two brothers. A perfect photo always tells a story. Plus, it’s so important to capture “the” moment because one day these memories (pictures) would soak into the sight of our boys. It would lead them and tell them stories of who they’ve become from their itty bitty diaper days to adulthood. This is what I want to do and will continue to do for our boys.
Love my boys. XOXO.
my cutie pies

my cutie pies

my cutie pies

my cutie pies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...