Monday, November 14, 2011

30 years

my family
(A blog is not a blog without pictures. My husband made me a slideshow for my birthday but it's unfinished, however, he found this family picture of us that I thought would be nice to post)

So, I turned the big 3-0 (yes, as it’s invariably called) yesterday and now I finally have the chance to reflect. I feel no different than yesterday; however, I’m welcoming the 30s with open arms. I’ve grown more as a person throughout these past years, but I’m still the same person deep down inside. Again, age is a matter of perspective.

I’ve learned that not everything comes my way and that I’ll take what I’ve been given and make the best of it and have fun. I’ve learned that people are selfish, ignorant and uncaring at times, but there are others people who are selfless and give completely of themselves and time without asking for anything in return.

My 20’s was about self-discovery. After getting married at age 24 to my high school sweetheart, which by the way, was the best decision I’ve ever made, I knew I was ready to start a family. By age 25, I was pregnant with our first son and had him at 26. Aiden was the greatest joy that ever happened and by age 27, I was pregnant again, this time with Dylan and had him at 28. I was faced with challenges of being a mom and learned how to manage the demands of work and family and achieving a “balance” between both aspects of life was hard at one point. By age 29, I did it again. I’m now pregnant with our 3rd son and will be meeting him in 6 weeks. My oven is set to bake again one last time because this is what “we” want and I’m always ready for the challenges that it would bring. Having kids in my mid-20s have tested my character and strength and the parenting skills I’ve accrued thus far has made me more mature and relatively more patient.

The wisdom I’ve possess is a result of the experience and reading I’ve done. But, youth has its way of being frivolity, but in my books, who say that we can’t be forever young! Then again, it’s true. I’ve grown and changed with age.

I remember setting goals and would measure my accomplishment arbitrarily by my age, you know, you’ll say “I want to accomplish this by …” but it should never be like that. It should be about living life to the fullest, giving, loving, and caring to those closest to me. I find them more important.

I’ll keep this short since I could probably write a book about my reflection, but I am content with where life has taken me. I’ve had my up’s and down’s. My greatest joys are my boys and new friendships I’ve developed over these years. I’m excited for this new phase and will live in the present and never in the past. I love my job and the people I work with …….. but most of all, I love being a mom, friend, sister, and wife and will strive to be the best I can be.

P.S. I will always love Britney Spears no matter what age I turn!

XOXO, Mama Dang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...