Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday, Aiden!

birthday boy

Dear Aiden,
3 years ago today, I was nervous to meet you. My contractions were painful and I held on for as long as I could. I vacuumed the house numerous times and found excuses to not go to the hospital. I was afraid, not to meet you, but to be hospitalized for the first time. I kept thinking about the needles. O’ needles, I hate needles.
3 years ago today, I didn’t have a son who would tell me he farted or ask me questions that he knows the answer to. Nor did I have a son who would walk into my room on a Saturday morning to say, “o mama, I forgot to say morning to papa” (only because papa had already left for work).
3 years ago today, I didn’t have a son who would walk by the Victoria Secret store and say “mama, I see butt”.
3 years ago today, I didn’t have a son who would ask me if he could help out whenever I clean or cook (yes, I do cook). You’re always asking if you can help and every time I ask you why you’re helping me, you would respond, “con muon giup mama, em, papa”.
3 years ago today, I didn’t have a son who fell in love with reading books like his mama. You would ask me after your bubble bath time “mama doc sach cho con” (can you read a book to me?) every night. Once in awhile, you’ll ask if we can take you to “Barnes and Nobles” and would raise one of your eyebrows because you’re cool like that. You would say “Aiden good boy. Aiden muon di Barnes”.
3 years ago today, I didn’t have a son who would ask me “tai sao mama di lam” (why are you going to work mama?). before I can respond, you would say “oh, mama di lam mua sua cho aiden?” (oh, you’re going to work to buy milk for Aiden?) Yes, you love to speak in third person.
3 years ago today, I didn’t have a son who would ask me if I liked how he sang his heart out to these songs (ABCs, twinkle twinkle little star, the wheels on the bus, the itsy bitsy spider, etc). You love getting words of encouragement and I never have a problem saying you just sang beautifully.
3 years ago today, I didn’t have a son who gets excited to go “elmo” (pee-pee). You always tell me “mama, aiden di elmo. Wait k.” You call it “elmo” because I potty-trained you by reading books on how cool elmo is when he went to the pee –pee room. I kept telling you that elmo had on the coolest undies and you believe me. You’re the silliest kid ever. As of recently, you told me that you’re going to pee like Papa. So now, you pee standing.  After you’re done, you say “wiggle wiggle wiggle”. Is this what Papa does?  Haha.
3 years ago today, I didn’t have a son who loves to tell me things and ask me “mama, remember”.  Actually, Aiden I don’t remember. JK. For the most part, I remember everything we’ve done together.
3 years ago today, I didn’t have a son who respectfully goes to bed and sleeps with all his friends (barney, buzz, grobee, and several of other bear) when ask. Papa would always ask you to say your prayers and you’ll do it. Once in awhile, you like to be silly and say “chua choi con cho mot phut”. (God please let me play for one more minute). Where did you come up with this? I get sad at times when I want you to sleep with me because you tell me you’re a big boy and you need to sleep in your room. *gasp*. Please stop growing so fast.
3 years ago today, I didn’t know what it would be like to have a son until I had you.  Honestly I wanted a girl, but now that you came into my life, I wouldn’t trade you for the world even if I could have that one girl I’ve always wanted. Never, baby, never. How can I go on with my life without your goofiness and love? I couldn’t. I just couldn’t.
Thank you so much for being YOU. I couldn’t thank you more than enough when you woke up from your nap and allowed your “crazy” mama to do a quick 15 minute “3rd birthday photoshoot”. Yes, I did it the evening before your birthday party. I don’t know how I manage to pull the things I did for your 3rd birthday. I put my heart into it. Honestly, sweetheart, if it meant, I would lose some sleep, I did it. I did it because I love you and wanted you to have the best time of your life.
Happy Birthday sweetheart  - please stop growing.
Mama thuong Aiden yeu.
XOXO.
aiden

aiden

aiden

aiden

aiden

11 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog and photos helen!! happy birthday aiden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude crazy! you crack me up! great blog and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed and teared. You and Aiden are meant to be mother and son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, thanks for making me cry at work.

    love love love love this post! Aidan has the best mama ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i probably shouldn't have read this before protoring an exam. i had to pinch myself so my students wouldn't see me tear up, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love everything about this post. makes me want to have this special kind of love, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen...I love your blog...he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...