I spent 3
weeks off from work and only a few more days left before I return. It was one
of the most exhausting weeks of my life, but I wanted this life with a bunch of
little munchkins so I’m not going to complain. Although, I’ll be honest and get
utterly excited when the clock rolls around and papa is home to give this mama
a break. It’s heaven for maybe a good 30 minutes.
People
always wonder how I do it. Well, first off, I don’t get to enjoy any good reads
like I used to or do I get to hang out with my friends whenever I feel like it.
I also don’t watch much TV and movie nowadays. I don’t get to enjoy any of my
hobbies and gave them up a long time ago. I do keep current on the news and
read it daily only because I feel that it’s vital to know what’s going on
around the country, city, and world. When and if I can, I’ll also read several
parenting magazines before I knock out. I don’t get enough rest on some nights,
but other days I do. It depends on the amount of housework that needs to be
down and I typically stay home after the wee-hours to get everything organized
because I’m that OCD mama.
A typical
day in my household with four boys would start at 7 to 730 AM when lan lan gets
up. I’ll stretch, play, and will feed him his baby food then he’ll down a
bottle of milk. He usually knocks out at 9 AM. My other 3 boys usually wakes up
around 730 AM – 8 AM and are busy playing amongst himself or catching an
episode of cartoon that is played on PBS until I call or scream for them to
come downstairs to eat breakfast. While I feed lan lan, I normally get all
three a bowl of cereal and they would sit and devour it. I make my way upstairs
to put lan lan down and now it’s time for me to hang out with our 3 boys for a
good hour. My eyes are still kept on the
other three boys from my phone.
We’ll play
and in between, I’ll make their beds. I’ll time it right and maybe 15 minutes
before Lan Lan wakes up, I’ll bathe each boy one at a time. Then, as soon as
Lan Lan gets up, it’s his turn to take a bath. We’ll go back downstairs and
I’ll put lan lan in the saucer while I cook a quick lunch. It normally takes me
a good 15 minutes. We’ll eat together, then play outside, go back inside the
house and maybe read a book or color. Some days, we’ll venture out to the park
or make a quick stop at my parent’s house for an hour, but for the most part,
we’re typically home by 1 PM and all four boys are ready for their nap. Then,
it’s my turn to take a break and by this time, all I want to do is SLEEP, which
I do.
For the
past six years, I’ve come to a point in my “parenting” life to know who I am as
a person and what I believe I’m capable of doing. Any mom is capable of raising
as many kids as myself as long as you give your heart and develop a sense of
patience and love.
Love my
boys. XOXO.
You are seriously amazing. If I can figure out the nap thing with the kiddos, that would be so awesome!
ReplyDelete