It was
almost a dream come true when Papa asked us to go down to San Diego again
today. I love that he makes an effort to do things with us. He has
wanted to see the USS Midway aircraft carrier for the longest time and since
our boys love airplanes and I love history, we venture out to USS Midway
Museum. It was a win-win situation for everyone! Plus, it was such a beautiful day in San Diego, too!
So, working
in aerospace and particularly in the radar business, I was fascinated when I
read and saw some of the military aircrafts that have now been decommissioned.
We also took a self tour around the ship to see how some lived and worked. It
was one heck of an experience and how they lived the way they did was pretty
amazing (thank you fellow Navy’s). I wished we could do the informative audio
tour, but with four kids tugged along our side, it would be a disaster.
The
aircraft carrier is huge and was nearly impossible to complete all in one day
with four boys. It is America’s longest serving aircraft carrier from 1945 to
1992 and has serve in many wars!
After a few hours, I must say that it was worth every penny. It was a great experience for our boys, who
ran around in REAL airplanes and got a kick out of it. I love history and
totally recommend this to you and your family! You’ll have a sense of gratitude
for our service men and women.
Here are
some pictures I took with my iphone:
love my boys. xoxo.
No comments:
Post a Comment