Wednesday, January 1, 2014

1|365: It's 2014!


Happy New Year!

I unwittingly took a break from writing in my blog towards mid to end of 2013. It became a struggle as I try to survive my life with four kids.  I’m going to try to make as much post as I can and will share my thoughts on raising a family of four kids and by summer a family of five kids. I’m going to try to stick to this New Year resolution!

Yes, I’m pregnant again!  I can’t believe I’ll be a mother of five under six by summer!  Talk about madness in my house! I’m my own hero when I look back at the beginning of my journey. It almost makes me want to cry because it has been the biggest struggle and blessing of my life. For one, I feel that I should give it my all when raising my kids and ask for very little help besides my husband. As real as it gets, this could be challenging. I’ve enjoyed every single moment from the headache, cries, fights, laughs … you name it!

To celebrate the New Year, I got our boys ready and Papa came home to take us all to San Diego to visit the Zoo. It has always been a struggle to get Papa to take a day off from work unless we’re leaving out of town since he helps operates his family business. I did whatever I could and I cut a deal. I’ll wake up, feed, bathe, and will have our boys ready so by the time he gets home around 10 a.m., we will be set to go. Scored, but I felt tired afterwards.

The trip was very enjoyable. It was somewhat of a long drive. I remember hearing Aiden say why the animals live so far like Las Vegas and how they’re not closer to our house. Dylan, on the other hand, kept repeating himself the entire time. He was so excited, he wouldn’t even take a nap. He kept saying “it’s taking so long, mom. why, mom!”

If you haven’t checked out San Diego Zoo, it’s amazeballs! You’ll appreciate the animals, yes, the big and even the small.

On our way home, our boys knocked out. I had some mini-conversation with Papa and then I went off staring outside the window like I normally do with my feet on the dashboard.  I continue to marvel at how much our kids have grown through the years and wished I could bottle them up forever especially Aiden since he’s turning six in March. I am constantly reminded that I need to continue to guide them in life towards self-confidence. I wouldn’t trade this mom job for anything.

Love my boys. XOXO

PS- these pictures are taken with my iPhone. it's too hard trying to carry my SLR around with four kids. 




Also, here's a short clip from our family adventure at OC Great Park in October that I put together. I know... it's old, but it deserves a post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...