Monday, February 25, 2013

[day 3] the craziness of eating out

You know, the one thing I try to avoid is taking our kids to a not-so-friendly kid restaurant unless we’re in and out of the place within 45 minutes. I don’t know about some of the moms out there, but my two oldest are fine, it’s just Evan. Evan is at the stage where he can’t sit in his high chair for a long time and gets easily distracted.  He wants to walk or be carried around. It’s never enjoyable when my husband or I take turns to carry or walk him around while the other one eats. Although, he’s fine if we’re there for no more than 45 minutes – anything more is a disaster. Sometimes, we can’t avoid the situation since we have guest in town and that’s what happened tonight.
I don’t know how many times I said “no” tonight ever time his small, little hand gravitated towards the food, cup, etc. It was quite unpleasant, but I already know that he has yet to master his two skills of sitting and waiting. Plus, I already know that taking a small toddler to a restaurant is not the place to relax or enjoy myself. I still love my little “mup” though.
Anyways, here’s a picture of my chef Dylan from tonight. He loves to cook and bake anywhere and anytime.

Love my boys. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...