OK – I’ve convinced my boys that Santa existed and maybe to some parents, this may be wrong. That’s the beauty of being parents because you have the ability to choose how you should raise up your child. In our household, we believe that it’s important to allow our boys to use their imagination and creativity since they’re so young and add a little magic in their life as long as possible! Santa is a fun way to celebrate the season and it wouldn’t be Christmas without Santa.
Honestly, there was a real Santa and if my boys ever decide to ask me one day, I would tell them his name is Saint Nicholas and he was serving Jesus in a way that all mankind should. He gave children presents and he was real – sometimes people don’t have to be dressed and look like Santa to be Santa –
I love that my boys know it’s Christmas and everywhere we go – they would point out “mom, Christmas”, “mom, Santa”, “mom, look”, “mom, when is Santa coming. Does he know I’m good”….
We had Aiden write a letter to Santa again this year. He decided to get fancy and switch marker colors with every single letter. Papa Dang was a little irritated over the fact that I agreed to let him write the letter when it was past his bedtime. I made a promise that I wouldn’t dare to break. I know, I messed up, but still, I couldn’t break his heart.
Honestly, it was taking Aiden forever since he’s a perfectionist. He would open one marker, cap it to the back, write, then recap it, and picks up the next color. He did that several times before we told him to leave all the markers cap open and pick the colors he want to use next. It was hilarious.
Here’s a video that was capture that night:
If you watch it – Aiden is bilingual and speaks Vietnamese and English. He speaks mostly in Vietnamese to his brothers. You can hear Dylan in the background asking for help then approaches his brother. Aiden tells him he’s writing and he did it all by himself and if Dylan needed help he would show him. Dylan said he didn’t know how and Aiden agreed to assist. They’re SOOOOOOO cute, I love hearing them talk.
Love my boys. XOXO.

No comments:
Post a Comment