Friday, July 6, 2012

Griffith Observatory | Los Angeles, CA

We were supposed to take off to Santa Barbara and San Francisco for 4th of July weekend, but postponed it. Earlier today, I took my three boys with me to my office in El Segundo. Dilly had cracked my work laptop screen by accident the day before and I had to get something done. He does everything for me, which is very thoughtful. So, it was understandable. After I took care of some business, I headed home to pick up my husband, cousin, and sister in OC to head out to Hollywood. We started off at Hollywood / Highland and ended up at the Griffith Observatory! We haven't been here in ages and this was our kids first time!


I told them they were here to see the stars high in the sky. They were flabbergasted. I love how easily entertained they can be, but the best part was helping them learn. I love turning a play adventure into an educational one!


The best thing about visiting the Griffith Observatory is that it's free. You can see the hollywood sign and a spectacular / expansive view of Los Angeles. I love the experience and the exhibits are very interactive. I swear, I could spend an entire day here learning about astronomy. We didn't catch the planetarium show, which is just about all you pay for here. We waited in line outside on the rooftop where they house an enormous telescope. The line was a bit long, but worth the wait. Too bad Papa Dang saw nothing in the telescope. The employees appear to be extremely passionate and kept their explanation simple to understand. It was very informative.


One of my favorite display were the chunks of meteorites that have fallen to earth, which caused some catastrophic events! I always love to learn and gaining knowledge is powerful. Papa Dang had to listen to me rave and exclaim the awesomeness of this place. 


I love my family and every chance I get I love spending it with them. As long as you make the most of it, you're living in the moment.


Love my boys. XOXO.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...